At long last, the Dale of Norway moose sweater is done. All that was left to do was cut the sleeve steeks, attach sleeves and knit collar. All accomplished yesterday since I neither showered or ventured outside. Please pardon the wet towels laid out to dry and any dead plants in the background of the following pictures.
I forgot to photograph it, but the diamonds at the shoulder seams match perfectly on one side, but are staggered on the other side. Not quite sure how that happened.
Pattern: Dale of Norway #10006 from book 100
Yarn: Dale of Norway Falk
Needles: US 5
Comments: I'm quite pleased especially for my first stranded sweater. The recipient loves it and it seems to fit him well. The sleeves had several purl rows at the top which I didn't really get until I sewed the sleeves in and the purl rows were folded over the ugly cut edge and sewed down. Ooooohhh, I get it now. Very tidy.
Also finished the February Lady sweater, but I fear it's going to be too large. When will I learn? Wool stretches. Duh. I should have made the 42", but I made the 44", which is now closer to 46".
Button closeup. They aren't sewn on yet but I think they are perfect for this sweater.
Health update: I didn't really learn much at my last doctor's appointment. A few potential causes for the iron overload were ruled out. I'll be retested in 4 weeks to see if there's a change since I've stopped taking the iron supplement. I found out my blood calcium level is also high too so we need to figure out why. I was much comforted by this site which makes it clear that the problem is most likely a parathyroid problem and not cancer. There's almost no cancer in my family history, but there is history of elevated calcium so I'm not freaking out.
My September knitting goals are to finish the Nordic Mittens I started almost 2 years ago, and finish the Must Have cardigan started earlier this year. After that I still have Ingeborg and VK's FLAK sweater hanging out in the WIP pile.